Colan manufactures and markets a comprehensive range of flame retardant fabrics for fire service garments and ballistic fabrics for personnel protection in military and police services. This Australian range is complimented by the importation of a wide range of technical fabrics and auxiliary products
The company's range of Safety & Protective textiles are woven from world-class technology in flame resistant and ballistic tolerant fibre sector. These fibres are converted in Australia and used in the manufacture of fire proof, heat, splash and chemical resistant clothing as well as ballistic applications. Typical applications include firemen's turnout coat and over-trousers, pilots flying suits and ballistic/fragmentation vests.
Colan Australia has over 40 years experience in servicing industries as diverse as mining, engineering, civil defence, petrochemical and the military. Colan's safety apparel textiles are produced from inherently and permanently flame resistant fibres to provide heat resistant, cut resistant and chemical resistant protective clothing. Colan manufactures to a range of Australian and International Standards including ES, AS, BS, ASTM, ISO & US.
The end use applications are diverse and include:
• Fireman's turnout coat and over trousers
• Aircraft pilots flying suits
• Refuellers and refinery personnel overalls and jackets
• Ballistic and fragmentation jackets and military helmets
• Safety gloves for foundry and furnace operators
• Flash Hoods
• Chain saw protective chaps
• Anticut seat covers and curtains
• Fire Blocking for seating and bedding
• Coveralls for chemical plant operators
• Evacuation chutes
• Bullet proof panels for VIP, money carrying and military vehicles.
FABRIC PERFORMANCE RANGE
• Fire Resistant
• Ballistic Resistant
• Cut Resistant
• Chemical Resistant
• Water and Shower Resistant
• Micro porous Breathable
• Loomstate (Greige)